Thursday, October 9, 2014

Finally a win - well he did concede the battlefield!

Not often I get to brag about a "win" in my games of Napoleonics.

This time I ditched the lancers from my list and upgraded as many of the troops to trained regulars, with skirmishers in all units that could have them.

I decided not to take photos for the game as I wasn't feeling particularly confident.  Certainly my deployment was cramped with one flank almost cramped with terrain.  My dice rolls were as usual crap, but it was at least consistent crap.

The photos below show the final turn of play.  Usually my troops never make it across the table, never break enemy units, get breakthroughs. So Andrew conceded the game, I said a win for me, he said "I conceded the field of battle, not the battle itself" - or words to that effect.  Never the less it was nice to have something go my way, if only for one game.

My right flank.  Bogged down by units blocking movement.
My landwhere again did very little.

My second last bound.  Dragoons ready to charge.  French artillery chased off.
Prussians advancing.  Though the square was left there just for the french dragoons.

Lots of unusual things happened.  One battalion followed a routing unit and
moved into contact with the french dragoons.  My lads actually caused
casualities on the fleeing troops and the cavalry, chasing them off.

Prussian Brigade 1813

Headquarters
General staff - 1 x Command Element @ 100 = 100
Brigade Commander - 1 x Prussian staff @ 50 = 50
Grenadier Battalion - 10 Elite line @ 6 = 60; 2 x Elite line trained to skirmish @ 7 = 14  
[224]

Half Brigade
Commander - 1 x  Prussian staff @ 50 = 50
Hussars (2 Squadrons) - 6 x Veteran light cavalry @ 12 = 72
Foot battery - 12 x Trained gunners @ 5 = 60;
4 x Light-medium artillery @ 25 = 100; 4 x Four horse limbers @ 5 = 20
Musketeer Battalion - 10 x Trained line infantry @ 4 = 40;
2 x Trained line infantry trained to skirmish @ 5 = 10
Musketeer Battalion - 10 x Trained line infantry @ 4 = 40;
2 x Trained line infantry trained to skirmish @ 5 = 10
Fusilieer Battalion - 10 Trained line infantry @ 4 = 40;
2 Trained line infantry trained to skirmish @ 5 = 10
Musketeer Battalion - 16 Trained line infantry @ 4 = 64
Musketeer Battalion - 16 Trained line infantry @ 4 = 64
Musketeer Battalion - 16 Trained line infantry @ 4 = 64 
[644]

Half Brigade
Commander - 1 x Prussian staff @ 50 = 50
Hussars (2 Squadrons) - 6 x Veteran light cavalry @ 12 = 72
Foot battery - 12 Trained gunners @ 5 = 60;
4 x Light-medium artillery @ 25 = 100; 4 x Four horse limbers @ 5 = 20
Musketeer Battalion - 10 Trained line infantry @ 4 = 40;
2 Trained line infantry trained to skirmish @ 5 = 10
Musketeer Battalion - 10 Trained line infantry @ 4 = 40;
2 x Trained line infantry trained to skirmish @ 5 = 10
Fusilieer Battalion - 10 Trained line infantry @ 4 = 40;
2 x Trained line infantry trained to skirmish @ 5 = 10
Landwehr Battalion - 12 x Raw line infantry @ 3 = 36
Landwehr Battalion - 12 x Raw line infantry @ 3 = 36
Landwehr Battalion - 12 x Raw line infantry @ 3 = 36
[560]

Cavalry Brigade
Commander - 1 x Prussian staff  @ 50 = 50
Dragoon Regiment - 12 x Trained heavy cavalry @ 10 = 120
[170]

Total: 1598

No comments:

Post a Comment