Saturday, June 14, 2014

Back to the Future - Warhammer 40,000

While I love my WFB old world figures, I do have a passion for the really early figures of 40K.  The little world I game in here in Brisbane, Australia have opted for 2nd Edition 40K Rules as the way forward.  I've started with Orks and Space Marines.  Below are my dreadnoughts I have recently acquired.  I do apologise for the "shine" on the shots.  I ran out of my stored supply of flat varnish and only had a choice of satin or gloss.  My local stores don't even stock flat varnish so I had to settle on satin as the lesser evil.

Enjoy.


Addendum: 16th June 2014
Here is the latest (let's not hope last) Dreadnought.  I confess that I have never seen the model with single bolter on the hands, so I was over joyed when I was able to acquire this one thanks to the very kind man Simon Machin.  (BTW I hate Satin varnish, once I can find flat varnish again everything will be redone!)

Named after the Lead Mountain Rescue Hero Glen Taylor.


3 comments:

  1. Great stuff, our playgroup is now in our 30s and last year got back into 40k. We also only play 2nd Ed. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some oldschool dreadnoughts. I painted up a few late last year to game with my buddy in Melbourne......much fun was had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great old school dreadies there, that varient must have been a nice find indeed.

    ReplyDelete